[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - how to customize the TM for my EJB3 app?

mazz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 10:49:11 EST 2008

I want to customize the default timeout behavior of the JBoss Transaction Manager in my EJB3 app (not the timeout value - but the actual behavior that occurs when the tx times out).

The default is to abort transactions but let the threads active in that transaction continue to run. See my JBossTM forum question I posted related to this to see where this is defined in the documentation:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=146170

I want to change that behavior.  The JBossTM docs tell me to add my own CheckedAction implementation to the transaction.  In that previous post I linked above, Mark tells me that I have to do this:

anonymous wrote : In order to change the CheckedAction that is used by a transaction you need to grab the underlying transaction instance (BasicAction).

Can someone here tell me how I can do this from WITHIN my EJB3 app (hence why I am posting this in the EJB3 forum).

In other words, if I have this EJB3 SLSB method:

@TransactionTimeout(60)
  | public void mySLSBMethod() {...

How do I inject my own CheckedAction implementation to the transaction this method is running in?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191797#4191797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191797