[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Configuration deployments

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 13:54:44 EST 2008

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : This would allow me to reconfigure services at runtime without having to introduce any hard API dependencies on the MC.

Bingo. This looks like a usecase for the profileservice. So if the profileservice doesn't do what you need it to today, I think we should at least investigate what changes would be required.

- Presumably you want those runtime changes to also persist across app restarts?
- What sort of "reconfiguration" are you looking to do? Change property values?
- Would it be acceptable to annotate properties you wanted to be able to change, so the profile service knows they needed managing? Or does that count as a "hard API dependency"?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191847#4191847

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191847