[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Configuration deployments

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 16:02:37 EST 2008

"alesj" wrote : Sure, this is nothing abnormal.
  | We do this all the time.
  | e.g. EJB metadata --> JBossMetaData
  | It eventually gets used by EJB container, helping create proper services/beans,
  | but never gets undeployed, since there is nothing to undeploy.

But we don't use this technique to configure/reconfigure the EJB Container itself do we? I thought that would be analogous to what David is trying to do?

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : This would allow me to reconfigure services at runtime without having to introduce any hard API dependencies on the MC.
This sounds more like a configuration (i.e. metadata overrides, i.e. profile service issue) than a deployment shaped one.

David, if you've got the time, have you got an example of the original service deployment descriptor and an example change you would expect to see. This might help clarify if the profile service would help here or not.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191893#4191893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191893