[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: How to set ping timeout of ConnectionValidator?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 22:39:44 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

The InvokerLocator you see on the server side is the one that matters, and it has the desired parameters.  The one you see on the client side,

  | 13:11:58,759 DEBUG [Client] starting callback Connector: InvokerLocator [bisocket://10.101.110.64:1878752913/callback
  | ?callbackServerHost=10.101.110.64&callbackServerPort=1878752913&callbackServerProtocol=bisocket&clientMaxPoolSize=1&clientSocketClass=org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper&datatype=jms&guid=a2t321s-u0b7nn-fnqgzrc3-1-fnqgzr
  | xj-g&isCallbackServer=true&onewayThreadPool=org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.DirectThreadPool&serverSocketClass=org.jboss.jms.server.remoting]

is for the callback Connector to which the server pushes messages, which isn't related to the ConnectionValidator, and you can ignore it.

What should happen in JBossMessaging is that it sends the InvokerLocator from the server to the client, where it is used to create the necessary instances of org.jboss.remoting.Client.  See, for example, the JBM class org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection.  When the Client creates a ConnectionValidator, the ConnectionValidator uses the Client's parameters, including those from the InvokerLocator, to configure itself.  See org.jboss.remoting.ConnectionValidator.start().  I don't know why your parameters aren't making it into the ConnectionValidator.  One thing to try, if you don't see anything interesting in the logs, is to attach a debugger to your client.  Even if Bill Burke says "debuggers are for pussies".  :)

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191955#4191955

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191955