[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: JDBMCacheLoader location property

cavani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 25 15:42:41 EST 2008

After some tests, I realize the size doesn't shrink.

I am using cache to store results from batch processing. The data are regenerated everyday. With the "remove leak", the data file grows very quick.

Anyway, I give a second try with H2 embedded and JDBCCacheLoader. After removing transaction support from SFSB (that operates with the cache) and doing "put" with all data map per node instead "put" with each key/value pair, the full time and total size is the same as using JDBM backend. The load time is good too.

The H2 roadmap indicates it will improve BLOB support. After removing notes, the database doesn't shrink immediately, but after some background "cleanup" when closing database.

The size during storage stay in a reasonable limit (I really don't have idea how 200MB of data approach 13GB in "temp").

I will do more tests but the current results are favorable.

P.S.: the location property bug is present in BDB JE CL start too.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192267#4192267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192267