[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - a deployment problem

gufiya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 28 10:25:49 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying a very simple scenario of deploying and undeploying EJB project from Eclipse.

I have created 3 projects -
1) EJB project
2) EAR project
3) EJB client project

I deploy the EAR to JBOSS server, and everything looks fine:
17:13:32,812 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: titan.travelagent.TravelAgentBean ejbName: TravelAgentBean
  | 17:13:32,828 INFO  [EJB3Deployer] Deployed: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.3/server/default/deploy/TitanEAR.ear/TitanEJB.jar/
  | 17:13:32,828 INFO  [EARDeployer] Started J2EE application: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.3/server/default/deploy/TitanEAR.ear/

When I look in the deploy directory, I see a directory for my EAR file, which contains three things:
1) a directory for the EJB project (class files)
2) a meta-inf directory for the EAR project (with "application.xml")
3) a jar-file for the EJB client project (only a jar file, not directory)

My problem starts when I remove the EAR project using Eclipse.
For some reason, the client-jar-file (item 3 above) is not removed from the server. This cause exception in JBOSS since it tries to redeploy the EAR application but "application.xml" was deleted already.

I guess it is really stupid thing, but for me this stuff is quite new.
Any ideas?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193056#4193056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193056