[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Problems with JBOSS 4.0.5GA

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 28 12:08:16 EST 2008

A PC with 2GB of RAM should not have any issues with running a JBossAS set with a 1GB heap (which is what I think you meant by the JAVA_OPTS lines you posted, but I am not sure, those lines do not look like anything in run.bat).

I have a PC with an old Pentium 4 processor and only 1GB memory running Windows 2003 with JBossAS + Portal. That PC is also running IIS, Apache HTTPD and MySQL, and I have not noticed any significant performance issues (web response is fairly quick).

Do you also have oracle running on that system? Oracle takes up a lot of system resources. If it is using all of the memory, then you are probably experiencing a lot of thrashing as both Oracle and the JVM fight for memory.

Have you used PerfMon to monitor the system to determine where the bottleneck might be?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193087#4193087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193087