[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - how to add connection properties to XA datasources?

mazz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 28 16:14:43 EST 2008

If I had a local-tx-datasource defined, I can set connection properties like this:

<local-tx-datasource>
  |     <!-- You can include connection properties that will get passed in
  |          the DriverManager.getConnection(props) call;
  |          look at your Driver docs to see what these might be. -->
  |     <connection-property name="char.encoding">UTF-8</connection-property>
  |     <!-- Tells an Oracle 10g driver to properly implement clobs. -->
  |     <connection-property name="SetBigStringTryClob">true</connection-property>

But, if I were to convert this to an xa-datasource, I see no way of telling it to set those connection properties.  "BigStringTryClob" is not an attribute on Oracle's XADataSource so I can't use:

<xa-datasource-property name="BigStringTryClob">true</xa-datasource-property>

How can I set connection properties on XA data sources?  And specifically, how to I set that big-string-try-clob configuration?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193136#4193136

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193136