[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternative JAR extensions

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 30 02:37:13 EST 2008

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | So, to me, it seems like a timing issue.  The JarUtils.addJarSuffix(...) happens soon enough for JARStructure to see and use it, but *not* soon enough for the HDScanner/Profile/whatever that initially loads the deploy/ directory and constructs the VirtualFile/VFSContext from its children.
  |
  | Your test is correct, but isn't quite testing the problem I'm seeing, I think.

Aha, you're right.
If the .rails is not there soon enough it will fallback to FileSystemContext.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | Is there some way to register the jar extension extra-early so that the deploy/ directory scanner has it when it's first scanned at boot time?

If you mark one of your deployers as JarExtensionProvider
+ you put your deployers into deployers directory (the proper way)
you should be fine, as deployers are booted before deploy is scanned.
-->  different boot phases: BOOTSTRAP, DEPLOYERS, APPLICATIONS

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193219#4193219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193219