[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Are ports reusable/concurrent?

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 2 06:24:41 EDT 2008

We have done this:

  |    // Static initialization of webservice client
  |    static protected SendSms stub;
  |
  |    static{
  |       QName qname = new QName(
  |          "http://www.csapi.org/wsdl/parlayx/sms/send/v2_2/service",
  |          "SendSms");
  |       SendSmsService service = new SendSmsService(null, qname);
  |       stub = service.getSendSms();
  |    }
  |

  |    @Override
  |    protected String sendMessage(...params...) throws Exception {
  |       String response = null;
  |
  |       if (stub==null){
  |          throw new Exception("There is no stub for SendSms PX 2.1 service created.");
  |       }
  |
  |       //Configure stub
  |       stub.getRequestContext().put(StubExt.PROPERTY_CLIENT_TIMEOUT,1000);
  |       stub.getRequestContext().put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,  ...);
  |       response = stub.sendSms(...params....);
  |       return response;
  |    }

But I doing tests to see if it is ThreadSafe to do this, or configuring an endpoint on the stub, will afect other clients sending messages to a previously configured stub in a previous (but concurrent) call.

In this cases I see that Stub generation only happens in the static initialization, and this way, performance is much more better.

Am I doing something wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179980#4179980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179980