[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: custom context for EJB deployment

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 2 13:44:09 EDT 2008

The default jndi naming for EJB3 beans in JBoss is as follows (excerpt from JBoss EJB3 Trail):

anonymous wrote :

  |     * If the application is deployed in a EAR file, the default JNDI name is the EAR-FILE-BASE-NAME/EJB-CLASS-NAME/local for the stub for local interface. For the remote interface (see below), it is EAR-FILE-BASE-NAME/EJB-CLASS-NAME/local.
  |     * If the bean is deployed in a JAR file, the JNDI names are EJB-CLASS-NAME/local and EJB-CLASS-NAME/remote.

That's the reason why you see the bean bound at warehouse-1.0.10/Inventory/local.

"sfisque" wrote :
  | thus, will using the jndi-name and local-jndi-name nodes in the jboss.xml allow me to change the context the beans are bound in and if so, do i need to do anything to make sure they are not bound under the default context of "ear-name".

Yes, this will solve your issue. You don't have to do anything additional other than providing a jboss.xml with the jndi-name, to take care of this. Once you provide the jboss.xml with these details, the bean will no longer be bound under the default name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180121#4180121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180121