[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Switching the Database Backend and jBPM 3.2.3

danrowley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 03:25:20 EDT 2008

G'day,

I'm from a large government department in Australia, that is currently evaluating JBoss jBPM, through the construction of a prototype using a three-tier architecture (presentation, business, and data).

We are using jBPM 3.2.3, and have come across some problems, at the data layer of our architecture, while referring to Chapter 8 of the JBoss jBPM jPDL 3.2 User Guide; very early days.

http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/thejbpmdatabase.html#d0e2578

In Chapter 8, it reads:

"Making the default webapp talk to the correct datasource is again not very difficult. The first step in doing this is simply locate the 'jboss-service.xml' file in the folder '${JBPM_SDK_HOME}/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/deploy/jbpm.sar/META-INF'. Change the contents of this file with the contents of the listing below. An attentive reader will notice that the only difference is an exchange of the token 'DefaultDS' by 'JbpmDS'."

However, in our installation of jBPM 3.2.3, we cannot find the folder:

'${JBPM_SDK_HOME}/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/deploy/jbpm.sar'.

Is Chapter 8 out of sync with 3.2.3 or have I done something incorrectly?

Thanks heaps,

Dan Rowley

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180708#4180708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180708