[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Apache2 fronting JBoss Portal (2.6) - SSO Problems

tjdecke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 14:18:58 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

i also posted this at the portal forum, but maybe i'll get a more detailed response here:

I'm currently fronting my JBoss Portal with an Apache2 Webserver via AJP. I'm now trying to use mod_jk to do Authentication of the user. My first problem was that the authentication took place but the getRemoteUser() method always returned null.

After some googling I read that i should set tomcatAuthentication="false" in the AJP connector configuration. When I do that, both authentication and auto-login work fine for the first request, but whenever I click on a link outside of a Portlet (Admin, Home, Dashboard, whatever) I get 403 errors.

Any explanations, ideas and workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180859#4180859