[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - @EJB injection in JBoss 5 application clients?

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 16:59:00 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I try to find out how EJB injection in a JBoss5 CR2 application client might work.
A plain "@EJB" annotation on a member variable does not seem to work. On deployment of the EAR file containing the client JARs, I see some entries in the server log about binding something to "/env/variableName", but the variable itself is null.
Is applicatication client injection supported? What are the required steps?
Currently I do it the old way: specifiying ejb-ref in "application-client.xml", mapping to JNDI name in "jboss-client.xml" and JNDI lookup in the client code.

Thanks

Wolfgang Knauf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180888#4180888

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180888