[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Modeling a retry

oravecz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 20:40:16 EDT 2008

I have an action that authorizes a credit card. The communication to the payment processor might fail for one reason or another. Because of this, if there is a failure, I would like to retry the call after a 2 minute delay. If that fails I will try again after 5 minutes. If communication fails a third time, I will transition to a manual process.

Would I model this authorization process as three separate nodes (auth1, auth2, and auth3) or is there a better approach using one node and  schedule or timers?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180905#4180905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180905