[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: jgroups Draw demo fails

johncgodfrey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 8 06:13:34 EDT 2008

We need to have two processes running on the same PC communicating through multicast as the Draw demo can do. We have only one NIC so the bind_address must be the ip address. Given that the command

java -cp jgroups-all-2.6.3.jar;log4j-1.2.12.jar;commons-logging-1.1.jar org.jgroups.demos.Draw -bind_addr 192.168.13.98

is used and this fails for the second Draw. netstat shows an entry with the default port 1077 existing as UDP 192.168.13.98:1077.

The Draw demo does not appear to accept changing the multicast address or port from the command line.

Note that the Draw DEMO works on our network when run on different PCs with the default bind address.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180987#4180987

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180987