[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Problem with XA and local transactions

chausberger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 09:55:20 EDT 2008

Hello

I have the following situation:

Two Oracle (10g) database schemas (completely seperated with different username / password).

I need a transaction over both schemas. To realize this I declared two  <xa-datasource> datasources, one for each schema.

When I use the tranaction everything seems to work just fine, but I find this warning in the log file:

"Prepare called on a local tx. Use of local transactions on a jta transaction with more than one branch may result in inconsistent data in some cases of failure"

I am new to XA transactions, so maybe my whole setup is wrong.
Any idea what the problem could be here?

Claus

P.S. I use Spring for transaction configuration (rg.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager und declarative configuration via Spring AOP/AspectJ of the transactions).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181257#4181257

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181257