[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portlet Instance Class Path

BenS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 10:20:30 EDT 2008

If originally left the jar files in the lib directory (I will explain below) and changed the version in the portal.xml file.  I still got the same error "Failed to create instance...is not available".

I then deleted the lib directory with the three jar files in it.  I then get errors on my java code.

package org.jboss.portal.portlet.samples;
  | import java.io.IOException;
  | import java.io.PrintWriter;
  | import javax.portlet.GenericPortlet;
  | import javax.portlet.RenderRequest;
  | import javax.portlet.RenderResponse;
  |
  | public class SimplestHelloWorldPortlet extends GenericPortlet
  | {
  |    public void doView(RenderRequest request,
  |                        RenderResponse response) throws IOException
  |    {
  |       PrintWriter writer = response.getWriter();
  |       writer.write("Hello World !");
  |       writer.close();
  |    }
  | }

The GenericPortlet and RenderREquest canot be resolved.  These are probabaly in the JBoss Portal.  However, I'm trying to build the project with Eclipse IDE and I need to reference a jar file to elimiante the errors to get a clean build.  I looked in the JBoss server directory for the jar file to use and I was going to reference it in my Eclipse project to get it to build w/o errors.  Can you please direct me to the correct jar file in the jboss-portal-2.6.6 version?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181267#4181267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181267