[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: 2 Stateless session beans, same name+interface, diff. ja

gr28 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 10:27:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

sorry for my very late response.

Here is the JNDI tree:

  | # ear=test.naming.ear,jar=test.naming.core.jar,name=b1,service=EJB3
  | # ear=test.naming.ear,jar=test.naming.core.jar,name=wsTest,service=EJB3
  | # ear=test.naming.ear,jar=test.naming.project.jar,name=b1,service=EJB3

what we want is to replace an implementation (SLSB) by deploying it with the same name, but a different ejb module.

wsTest SLSB uses b1 (dependency injection) which is located in the same ejb module in this example.

we now want to replace the implementation by a project specific one (est.naming.project.jar). It implements the local interface and uses the same name (b1).

What we want to achieve: We want that
test.naming.core.jar,name=wsTest

gets
test.naming.project.jar,name=b1

injected instead of
test.naming.core.jar,name=b1

by configuring it global. I found out (or assume) that JBoss injects the implementation that is loaded at the last. By changing the order of the modules in applcation.xml it either uses the implementation of core or project.

Is that the exact definition how JBoss defines which implementation to use?
Is it possible to influence the behavior by any JNDI hook?

Thank you in advance!

bye, Georg

P.S: You can download the complete example code (eclipse projects) at:
http://www.im-consultants.at/public/test.naming.zip[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181270#4181270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181270