[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Monitoring j2ee transations

jmemore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 11:16:33 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : What, specifically, are you looking for? There are a lot of mbeans that provide throughput information for EJBs, servlets, and HTTP requests. Your first stop should be the jmx console to find the mbeans you want.

  | You could also look into JON, because it understands the JBossAS mbeans, it provides a convenient mechanism to monitor such data.  http://www.jboss.com/products/jbosson
  |
  | We have found jKool to be very intrusive - it instruments everything, and the data gathering mechanisms are in-process and Java based which generates huge amount of garbage. Needless to say, you do not want to use it in a production environment.

Also, I forgot to mention memory leaks. So what I need is a way to track and measure j2ee transactions down to the method, JMS and JDBC as well detect memory leaks. I am trying jkoolonline rigtht now and it seems to be doing both, although more testing needs to be done.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181291#4181291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181291