[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - JBoss Cache 2.x with Hibernate 3.3

a045103 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 16:11:18 EDT 2008

I recently attempted to integrate JBoss Cache 2.x as a second level cache with Hibernate 3.3.0 SP1. According to the Hibernate documentation I should be able to specify the org.hibernate.cache.jbc2.JBossCacheRegionFactory class as the provider class via the hibernate.cache.provider_class configuration property.

At runtime, this generates an exception, as the JBossCacheRegionFactoryclass  does not implement the CacheProvider class.

If any reader of this forum has insight into how to configure a JBoss Cache 2.x (or higher) as a second level cache for Hibernate, I'd definitely appreciate it. Based on my limited exposure to this I don't see how this can work, at least using standard Hibernate second level cache configuration.

Thanks.

-Doug

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181323#4181323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181323