[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem with java.sql.Date as Variable

roberto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 11 11:27:54 EDT 2008

I found the problem (I believe....) but I don't know how to fix it.
I believe it is a problem related to hibernate.
The JBPM_VARIABLEINSTANCE table contains a column DATEVALUE_ of type "timestamp" and the hibernate mapping use that column for every java.util.Date (or extends) classes.
So java.sql.Date will be a java.sql.Timestamp when read it back.
So, I believe it is necessary to change this behaviours.
I believe there are only 2 way:
1) add 2 new columns to JBPM_VARIABLEINSTANCE in order to add a Date and a Time column.
add mapping for this 2 new column

2) change the org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.DateInstance (...create a new class estending from it) that analize data and return back a java.sql.Date or a java.sql.Time or a java.sql.Timestamp according column value.

but.. I don't know hibernate .. so I believe this is not the right way and/or how to do it

Can someone help me ?
thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181649#4181649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181649