[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Advice on Transaction Demarcation needed

vanyatka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 12 12:53:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

There is an MDB. It calls a facade method on some SLSB and in case exception happens it catches it and sends a JMS Message (we're using standalone ActiveMQ).

The pesky problem is that the message is not sent because the current transaction is in the "rolling back" state. It seems I need to use a separate transaction for sending message.

I tried using
	@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
  | 	public void sendStatusMessage(String messageText, Destination dest) throws JMSException {

unfortunately it doesn't work. If the facade method rolls back its transaction the activeMQ transaction also fails.

Can anybody suggest the solution?
Thanks, Ivan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181698#4181698

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181698