[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Action not executing in timer

oravecz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 12 16:29:18 EDT 2008

I have confirmed the above suspicion. By adding a context.close() call before I go to sleep, the job is flushed to the database and the JobExecutorThread can update it without the Lock wait timeout exception.

Is this a bug or an accepted workaround?

I would expect that when I close the context in my unit test, I will now have to reopen it again to lookup a process definition or other such tasks. I feel that the engine should take care of properly commiting as necessary. I can see why commits may want to be deferred for performance reasons, but that strategy falls apart when there are other threads of execution (ala JobExecutor, custom web service, etc.) that is needing to update the database.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181714#4181714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181714