[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet Preferences and serveResource method

analyzediz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 01:25:15 EDT 2008

Hi --

I'm trying to set the portlet preferences (portletHeight) through an AJAX call. I've opted to use the serveResource() method of the portlet. When I invoke the portlet function, serveResource(), through the AJAX call, the method does get executed. Within the serveResource() method, I then proceed to update my portlet preference as such:

String portletHeight = request.getParameter("portletHeight");

  | PortletPreferences portletPreference = request.getPreferences();
  | portletPreference.setValue("portletHeight", portletHeight);
  | portletPreference.store();

I have defined the portlet preferences within the portal.xml file as such:

  | <portlet-preferences>
  | 	<preference>
  | 		<name>portletHeight</name>
  | 		<value>20</value>
  |             	 <read-only>false</read-only>
  | 	</preference>
  | </portlet-preferences>

I read in the Portlet 2.0 Specification that one can modify the portlet preferences from within the serveResource() method as I've done. I couldn't find any working example that uses the serveResource( method to update portlet preferences.

Does anyone know any reason why this would not work?

Thanks a million ahead of time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181740#4181740

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181740