[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Cannot start post office...

r12345_2003 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 06:21:32 EDT 2008

Has this been resolved? I am facing the same issue. I have 2 JBOSS servers setup in a cluster for JMS messaging. The Servers are given the IDs 13225 and 13226 in the deploy\jboss-messaging.sar\messaging-service.xml. When I restart one of the servers, I get the same error message:

Reason: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot start post office since there is already a post
  |  office in the cluster with the same node id (13225). Are you sure you have given each node a unique
  |  node id during installation?

This happens only intermittently and not on every server restart.
Also, another interesting thing is that the node ID in the message above is the ID of the server that is restarted. i.e. When I restart the server with ID 13225 the above message is displayed. So its as if the server is refering to its own ID.

I do not have any other clusters setup on the same network.

Any hints, suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181806#4181806

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181806