[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging - classcast exception

prabhun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 10:57:47 EDT 2008

Thanks Tim,

We have one more problem.

As I have already said that we are moving from Jboss MQ to Jboss Messaging,

In Jboss MQ we have a X-doclet code to define the subscription id for each subscriber,
like below

 *@jboss.subscriber
 * 		client-id="rate.of.sale.ip"
 * 		subscription-id="rate.of.sale.ip"

This will appear as below in the JMXConsole.

TOPIC.TestIPTopic.rate.of.sale.ip.-2147483648

We want to extract this information for every consumers and to display in an application status window.

In the above we can extract the subscription id 'rate.of.sale.ip' from the 'TOPIC.TestIPTopic.rate.of.sale.ip'

But for Jboss Messaging this subscription id does not seem to work.

It appears as below in the JMXConsole.

Subscription.8n-qklvw8mf-1-gwnsw8mf-4ko8nl-k3d8a4ko8nl-k3d8a

So we could not clearly separate out the different subscribers as the subscription id are dynamically generated.

Since this x-doclet code had no effect in the new Jboss Messaging what is the alternative way to set (to make static subscription id) the
 subscription id for each subscribers ?

Regards,
Prabhu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181873#4181873