[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Action not executing in timer

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 12:02:03 EDT 2008

I don't think you will have any luck with your Jira issue. Let me explain a little more (this can be read in other articles as well, even the jBPM docs I think)

Normally the client only has 'control' for a very small amount of time. A second is a lot already. Timers that need to go off within a second are mostly useless. Remember, this is mainly workflow!!! so clashes occur rarely

If a transition is taken and after that something goes wrong, the best thing to do is to go back to the last wait-state. That is the situation where external action was needed. That external action can be repeated (e.g. task not ended, user has to do it again) This is easiest done with a transaction roll-back in the database. Committing on each node boundary or even within nodes (creation of timers) would make this impossible to do and result in a lot more complicated system.

If you want to have a STP system with (probably) persistency on nodes etc... you can have a look at the PVM and simply develop your own language and behaviour on top of that. Might also be that an 'stp' language is developed, though I'm not sure.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181894#4181894

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181894