[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging - classcast exception

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 19:02:07 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :  might mean that the performance is badly hit by this change.

this is totally up to your requirements.

We won't persist anything on NonDurableSubscribers. It is like you sending NonPersistentMessages on those cases. So you should decide if you use Durable or not based on your requirements.

anonymous wrote : Is there any alternative way of setting the subscription and client id for non-durable subscribers?

We just use UUIDs on NonDurableSubscriptions. You're not required to set the clientID on NonDurableSubscription and you could have multiple subscriptions, so we must use an UUID.

If you like, You could ask a feature through JIRA to use the clientID as part of the ID on
nonDurableSubscribers. I know it would be a simple change...  but I'm not sure if that would make sense or not for other customers.. so Tim Fox would evaluate the request.

That wouldn't make any difference on the execution of your topics though.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181955#4181955

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181955