[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: MessagingXAResourceRecovery can not reconnect

szhigunov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 18:48:27 EDT 2008

Can anybody comment on this, please?

I think JBM recovery code is expected to handle the remote resource restart.

To restate the problem. I have recovery configured on the JMS client, which connects to the remote server. If I bounce (restart) the remote server, the recovery module starts giving warnings (and keeps doing that even after the remote server is back):
[com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException, XAException.XAER_RMFAIL

I can see in the debugger that MessagingXAResourceWrapper.recover() gets XAException with "Failed to get prepared transactions" message, than calls check() which has reconnect logic but it is bypassed.

I can force MessagingXAResourceWrapper.check() to run the reconnect logic in the debugger. That clears things up and warning goes away.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182250#4182250

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182250