[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Cannot even get started... :(

Raconteur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 21:44:39 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am running eclipse 3.4.1 and am trying to integrate JBoss.  I have searched high and low, and cannot seem to get it to work.

Here is the scoop.  At http://docs.jboss.org/jbosside/tutorial/build/en/html/the.project.html there is a tutorial, in which it begins with making a new JBoss IDE project (top of Chapter 3).  I am not seeing those options in my Project wizard.

I have found references to the following update sites, which I have integrated and downloaded from, but none provide the IDE stuff for the Project wizard:
download.jboss.org/jbosside/updates/stable
download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development
download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable
jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates (this one doesn't work at all)

I have also tried downloading both the Bundle and the All plugins from:
http://www.jboss.org/jbosside/download/index.html to no avail.

My last attempt, which I was sure was going to work was downloading JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta2-ALL.zip (I don't remember where from though, somewhere on the jboss.com website).  I copied all of the stuff into the features and plugins directory, restarted eclipse, and STILL no option to create JBoss IDE projects.

So, I am either being incredibly obtuse, or incredible dumb.  The latter is more likely.  :)

Can someone tell me how to do this, or show me to a page that describes how to do it (I wish ALL eclipse add-on companies would prominently display their update URL, as I spend more time trying to find them than I do using the software, but that is another post altogether), or tell me that I am going about it all wrong and things have changed as of vX.X, which is what I am beginning to suspect.

Thanks a million!  Spent the better part of the weekend rebuilding my eclipse J2EE environment with Struts, Spring, Lucene, AspectJ, and am hoping to bring JBoss in for all what appear to be the wonderful features it provides.

Cheers,

Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182263#4182263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182263