[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Deadlock in BlockingCallbackStore

JeremyStone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 15 07:48:35 EDT 2008

Can get deadlock when using JBoss Remoting (JBR 2.2.2.SP4) along with a JBoss Messaging (JBM 1.4.0.SP3) https connection factory.

I posted a report of a deadlock situation to the JBoss Messaging user forum (see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=143024 for stack traces). I am posting it here also as it cuts across both projects.

To repeat my analysis from the JBM topic:

On the client
Timer-3 thread:
- Is polling for messages

On the application server
http-0.0.0.0-4459-5 thread (the server-side continuation of Client
Timer-3):
- Is waiting to lock the ArrayList of callbacks held by
the eventListenerContainer-10 thread.

eventListenerContainer-10 thread:
- Because the ServerInvokerCallbackHandler has decided that it needs to
persist the callback and is using a BlockingCallbackStore,
eventListenerContainer-10 is also waiting on an object that will be released
when someone calls BlockingCallbackStore getNext() (i.e. its waiting for
http-0.0.0.0-4459-5)

It occurs when BlockingCallbackStore gets used when memory is limited.

Any ideas? Shall I raise a bug?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182373#4182373

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182373