[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Cannot even get started... :(

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 15 11:13:01 EDT 2008

Start with Eclipse for Java EE 3.3, add in JBoss Tools 2.1.2 (http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/index.html). I know this combination works, I have tried it. Tools 2.1.2 does not work with Eclipse 3.4, at least not for me - I get an exception in the Server view.

To register your server, go to Windows | Preferences | Server | Installed Runtimes, click the Add button and in the New Server Runtime dialog expand the "JBoss, a division of RedHat" entry and choose JBoss 4.2 Runtime. Fill in the resulting dialog.

Then go to File | New | Other and select Server under the Server entry. Fill in the new Server dialog, referencing the runtime you created above.

You should now have a Server view showing in the bottom left corner of the Eclipse window. There are Menu options and button to start/stop the server. There are also configuration options to indicate which of your projects need to be deployed to the app server.

I hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182437#4182437

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182437