[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Changes in jboss-service.xml

javidjamae do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 15 13:09:00 EDT 2008

I had a few questions about changes in the server/conf/jboss-service.xml file between the JBoss 5 beta releases and the CR releases.

1) I noticed that the "jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=socket" MBean had changed. In particular I noticed that the handlers section defined in the config block had changed. It used to reference the unified invoker, but now references a class called org.jboss.deployment.remoting.DeployHandler which seems to be related to JSR88.

It was my understanding that the job of the connector is to tie together the Server Invoker and the Invocation Handler (such as the unified invoker). I'm guessing that this is still happening, but my question is how? Is the reference to the unified invoker's marshaller/unmarshaller sufficient for the connector to know what invocation handler to bind to? Or does the connector always bind to the unified invoker by default? If so, how could you specify a different invocation handler if you wanted to?

2) I ran across a JIRA issue (can't remember which) that said that the jboss-service.xml was going away altogether. Is this true? If so, where will the connector configuration move to?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182460#4182460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182460