[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: MBean start ordering in 5.0CR2

huberth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 16 10:36:07 EDT 2008

I added 'Starting' logs to my MBeans and got:
2008/10/16 09:35:43.366 INFO  (main) [com.myorg.rac.server.bwallocator.BWAllocatorAdminMBean.start:50] Starting BWAllocatorAdminMBean

  | 2008/10/16 09:35:45.661 ERROR (main) [org.jboss.logging.util.LoggerStream.write:156] java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem registering @Management interface for @Service class com.myorg.rac.server.bwallocator.BWAllocatorAdminMBean
  |
  | 2008/10/16 09:35:46.132 INFO  (main) [com.myorg.common.server.statistics.StatisticsMBean.start:54] Starting StatisticsMBean

Another thing to note here is that these MBeans are in two different jars in an exploded ear, which has no application.xml.

I should probably also mention that I'm getting lots of warnings like:
2008/10/16 09:35:44.659 WARN  (main) [org.jboss.ejb3.interceptors.registry.InterceptorRegistry.getApplicableInterceptorClasses:82] applicable interceptors is non-existent for public void com.myorg.common.server.statistics.StatisticsMBean.registerCounter(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws com.myorg.common.exception.OperationFailedException

Curiously, I seem to be getting one of those for all mgmt interface methods except 'start'.  Things seem to be functioning well enough that I had been assuming those were benign.

I have other MBeans that do end up starting in the right order.  In fact, most of them do.  That doesn't necessarily mean that such timing is enforced, of course.  If it's left to a race, there will be winners and losers.

Can you try separating them into separate jars, play with the names of the jars, putting a sleep(60) in the create method of AnotherServiceImpl (although, they're all started from thread 'main' so I guess it's unlikely that will show anything)?

Also, what log4j tweak do I need to do to get the 'installing bean:' logs?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182673#4182673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182673