[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Apache Tomcat Native library ... not found on the java.l

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 16 23:05:16 EDT 2008

Beware of using abbreviations. After seeing " I need the listener running" I expected to see a term thet described how the listener was running and "unfort" did not fit into anything that I imagined.

BeastISNT wrote : When I talked to the persons at my hosting service, they said this is needed for the tomcat to listen to its port due to the shared environment.

Read my earlier reply again, especially this:

PeterJ wrote : JBossAS will function just fine without it - it it cannot find APR it will use Java code to do the same work.

Besides, if you want to use APR, I already told you how to install it:

PeterJ wrote : If you would like to use APR within JBossAS, download and install JBoss Native.

Your plan to unpack  jbossweb.jar file will not accomplish the goal (which I assume is getting APR installed).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182814#4182814

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182814