[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: jboss-classloading.xml module names

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 17 18:02:25 EDT 2008

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : are we going to fit existing JARs with jboss-classloading.xml files, or make "wrapper" deployment units for each library that gets deployed?
I had this discussion with Scott in Neuchatel a few weeks ago,
and we agreed that we should have both notions available for jboss artifacts:
 - (default) jboss-classloading.xml; to have custom control == some additional features
 - osgi manifest.mf

The files should be mostly build by some tool, e.g. maven or ivy,
in rare/custom cases we should provide some exception.

For the external libs, we should first look into existing repos
if they perhaps already exist in some osgi-ish form,
else think of some mechanism.
e.g. mapping module/jar name with predetermined CLMD

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183002#4183002

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183002