[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: MicroContainer and JBoss AS5 Classloading

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 20 11:32:44 EDT 2008

"emmartins" wrote : I've been reading the MicroContainer (MC) user guide and have a few doubts regarding its integration in the AS 5.

And now you speak, after 3years of work. :-)

"emmartins" wrote :
  | I've understood that by default a Pojo gets the MC deployer's thread classloader

True, see DeployerWrapper.
But that's much better, since you at least know what you can expect from TCCL.

"emmartins" wrote : , and first question arises, is this one "associated" with the "old" NoAnnotationClassLoader and will share classes with the AS unified repository?

All CL in JBossAS has been re-written to use the new CL layer.
See bootstrap.xml and its 'children'. So I doubt even bootstrap cl is NACL.
And deployers are nothing else than pojos in MC, hence they also use the new cl layer.

"emmartins" wrote :
  | What if I define my own classloader for the pojo, will this be interpreted as a scoped application (if now how is this accomplished)?

If you don't provide any additional info,
things will behave as the old cl layer - import/export all.
But new cl layer can mock OSGi kind of classloading,
hence you can do fine grained scoping, OSGi style. ;-)

"emmartins" wrote : In this case, how can I setup the scoped class loader to fetch classes not found from the AS unified repository?

There are many different ways to do this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183279#4183279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183279