[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: War to remote EJB fails with ClassCastException

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 03:11:01 EDT 2008

"iwalberg" wrote :
  | It worked!

Good to know it worked :-)

"iwalberg" wrote :
  | In making sure that both servers were using the same class, I noticed that the common jar did not live inside the project ear deployed remotely, but instead was sitting standalone in the server/default/deploy directory.  This had been deployed by others and built and deployed by Maven and I don't know why that was done.
  |
  | Now, I want to know why!  Can anyone help me understand what's really happening here?  Any thoughts on why the commons jar should be outside the ear?

Which "common" jar are we talking about? And what does it contain? Is it part of your application? And what is your client application? Is it a standalone application or a web application on a remote server?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183391#4183391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183391