[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - [Problem]Jmx function of JBM is not found in certain server

hendra_netm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 12:07:13 EDT 2008

hi guys,

Some times ago, I developed an application which tries to monitor jms queue by using the jmx function provided by jboss. Due to its limitation, I added some functions to fulfill my needs.

The jboss messaging is installed on two virtual servers, lets call them A and B. Problem is, the extended JMX functions work on server A, but they cannot be found on server B.

Server B is a clone of server A which have everything the same but the hostname. (FYI, they are cloned using XEN)

Here is the error log from client:
anonymous wrote : 2008-10-21 07:34:00,829 [FATAL] [Test_Monitor     ] test.jms.monitor: Exception
  | occured [toString:javax.management.ReflectionException][stacktrace:org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:231);org.jboss.mx
  | .server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659);sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor108.invoke(Unknown Source);sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
  | l.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25);java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585);][cause:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find ope
  | ration listUniquePropertyValue(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)]"

listUniquePropertyValue is the function that I extend from available jmx functions.

Here is the list of files I modified:
anonymous wrote :
  | org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService
  |   | org.jboss.jms.server.destination.ManagedQueue
  |   | org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueMBean
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | I modify also this file: Queue-xmbean.xml, in order to expose the function
  |   |

Is there any problem to access jmx function when jboss messaging runs on virtual machine? Or did I make some mistakes?

If anyone knows something or has a hint, please let me know

Thank you very much in advance.

Currently I am using jboss messaging 1.4.0.SP3.CP03 and jboss AS 4.2.3.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183578#4183578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183578