[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss Server not starting

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 22 11:45:07 EDT 2008

OK, now I am lost. What WAR files did you remove? What is the URL for the "JBoss console page"? (I think I know what you mean, but I am not sure.)  You wrote "it doesn't detect my deployed appplication" - what is 'it'? In other words, are you looking somewhere expecting to see something based on the app being deployed? Can I make the assumption that "some of the war files" your removed does not include the WAR file for your application? And finally what is the exception?

To save our sanity, try this:

1) Start with a clean JBossAS installation without any changes. Then start up the app server. It should start up without any errors. Wait for the "Stared in xxx seconds" lof entry to show up.

2) Then deploy your application. If at this point errors appear on the console, post the contents of the console starting from the "Started in xxx seconds" line.

Finally, I hope you are not running on Vista because you will run into problems with the JDK you have.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183891#4183891

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183891