[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Jboss server.log to syslog redirection

rajamurugank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 23 02:00:27 EDT 2008

Thank you very much for your reply.

Here my jboss-log4j.xml file

 <!-- ================================= -->
   <!-- Preserve messages in a local file -->
   <!-- ================================= -->

   <!-- A time/date based rolling appender -->

i uncommented the syslog events,

  <!-- Syslog events -->

Then,i did the entry into the file /etc/syslog.conf

local7.*                                                /var/log/jboss.log

restarted the syslog service.The jboss.log file is created.But when i start the Jboss server log message isn't going my jboss.log file.It's going the same server.log file.If i comment the following the line.

 <!-- A time/date based rolling appender

       -->

the logs is disappear from the file(i.e not writing the logs in to server.log or jboss.log file)

My aim is we have the central Syslog server.i have to forward jboss server.log into central syslog server.

Can you please direct me how to do.

Thanks

Regards,
Raja K