[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Securing JBoss Messaging

macross27 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 23 09:03:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a question regarding securing JBoss Messaging. Is it enough to secure the naming provider aka initial context factory? In this scenario  the credentials would be provided in the properties java.naming.security.principal and
java.naming.security.credentials passed to the initial context factory. The other scenario is securing the Queue/Topic connection factory and providing the credentials in e.g. createQueueConnection(java.lang.String userName, java.lang.String password).

In my opinion the second option is more secure. I think it might be possible to get a connection without using JNDI. Am I correct?

-Sebastian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184178#4184178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184178