[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss Server not starting

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 23 11:28:16 EDT 2008

It is extremely difficult to help you when you do perform the tasks that we ask you to perform and do not provide the information we ask for. We are not asking you to do anything that we would not do if we came to you and sat down at your computer. But since we cannot do that, we are asking you to be out hands and eyes. Deviating from our instructions, by doing things such as removing apps from the deploy directory or changing port 8080 to 80, do not help.

Now, previously I gave you these steps:

To save our sanity, try this:

  | 1) Start with a clean JBossAS installation without any changes. Then start up the app server. It should start up without any errors. Wait for the "Stared in xxx seconds" log entry to show up.
  |
  | 2) Then deploy your application. If at this point errors appear on the console, post the contents of the console starting from the "Started in xxx seconds" line.

Until you do this, we cannot help you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184258#4184258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184258