[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: NPE deploying web services in service archive in CR1 rel

adinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 23 11:54:05 EDT 2008

I had a little further look into this and found that the errors occur as follows:
During deployment of the endpoints declared in my wars a call is made to AbstractServerConfig.getConnectorPort(). This fetches the WS Server MBean and tries to lookup objects of type "jboss.web:type=Connector,*". At the point where the lookup fails the jboss.web MBean has only one entry for the WebServer.

In the run that I managed to debug the type=Connector entries were added at a later point. So, some of the subsequent calls to getConnectorPort() succeeded and also the AS bootstrap did not hang. I was unable to debug a case where the bootstrap did hang.

So, although this is a lot better than 3.0.3 it looks like there is still a race where the deployers may try to start the endpoints before everything they need is in place.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184266#4184266

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184266