[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Page level communication on JSR286 portlets

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 26 11:44:44 EDT 2008

I could not understand how to define public render parameters.
I looked at the spec, read the blog post and took a look at the reference but it still is foggy.

My Page is called default, my windows are called: TestPortlet and TestPortletLeft

I want to be able to use a global foo parameter, for example in an url like:
http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default?foo=you

I tried putting the following code into the ...-object.xml between the page /page tags:

  | <coordination>
  |                 <bindings>
  |                     <implicit-mode>FALSE</implicit-mode>
  |                     <parameter-binding>
  |                         <id>parameterBinding1</id>
  |                         <window-coordination>
  |                             <window-name>TestPortlet</window-name>
  |                             <qname>foo</qname>
  |                         </window-coordination>
  |                     </parameter-binding>
  |                 </bindings>
  |             </coordination>

But I am still unable to access the foo parameter from my TestPortlet code doView() method.

Could you help me, what am I doing wrong?

Do I always have to explicitly set all parameters that I want to use and access (page-) globally?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184681#4184681

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184681