[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Servlet Deployment Issue

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 27 11:28:00 EDT 2008

One other thing to consider - some web app containers have issues with deploying servlets that do not have a package name. Assigning a package name will help. I recall having a discussion about this in this forum quite some time ago with the solution being to add a package. Example:

Add this to the servlet's source:

package foo;
  | // rest of servlet source as you posted

Change servlet stanza in the web.xml to:

  <servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>IsItWorking</servlet-name>
  |     <servlet-class>foo.IsItWorking</servlet-class>
  |   </servlet>

Change your ww.war to contain:

WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/classes/foo/IsItWorking.class