[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: eclipse + jboss + web services

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 27 12:00:19 EDT 2008

There is  JBoss Tools plugin for Eclipse and it has a tutorial at http://docs.jboss.org/tools/2.1.0.GA/en/GettingStartedGuide/html/index.html, but I could not see anything about web services there.

Personally, when I learn a new technology I limit myself to using a text editor and code, compile and build everything by hand. This way I understand the technology better (because there are no tools hiding things from me) and if things go wrong I know it is because of something I did, and not because the tool goofed. A quick scan of some of the forums will show that many people have problems getting things done in Eclipse but they work just fine if done manually without using Eclipse.

Finally, JBossAS uses Tomcat (actually, a variation of Tomcat known as JBoss Web Server) as the servlet container.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184889#4184889

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184889