[jboss-user] Certifcate based authentication and ldap

Bill Smith nedry at weseewhathappens.com
Wed Oct 29 11:36:07 EDT 2008

I have  a working application on Jboss 4.2.1 using the ClientLoginModule and
the LdapExtLoginModule.

I am trying to replace the ClientLoginModule with the BaseCertLoginModule.
My authentication seems to pass the ClientLoginModule and the
LdapExtLoginModule. However, the problem I am having is that the
LdapExtLoginModule does not appear to be adding any roles.

In fact when examining the source code for the LsapExtLoginModule it appears
that validatePassword method never gets called. This method seems to
retrieve the roles.  This is happening because I have password stacking on
and the login method returns early.

Has anyone done this type of thing before?  I need Authentication to happen
with the cert and Authorization to happen with the LDAP.

Thanks

Bill.