[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: [JBoss 5.0-CR2] OutOfMemory JVM Crash during JIT

ceciiil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 04:15:49 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that.

To be honest, I strongly doubt there is any problem on the physical server.  I have been using it for a couple of months doing intensive testing on my app running on JBoss 4.2.3 with both JRE5 and JRE6 without encountering any JVM problem. Since this JVM crash on JBoss 5 I have switched back to JBoss 423 and again : no JVM problem.

As far as JVM settings are concerned, I am not saying I can explain, I have just observed and reproduced all the items below :

- Xms1024 Xmx1024 PermGen512 = JVM crash at JBoss startup time
- Xms1024 Xmx1024 PermGen256 = JVM crashes with 5 users after 10 mins
- Xms768 Xmx768 PermGen512 = System up to 20 users and then crashes

I have raised the issue to Sun already, waiting for their feedback. If I have anything meaningful back from them, I'll make sure I post it here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185618#4185618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185618